Grand River Branch
United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada
Selected Reprints from the
Grand River Branch Newsletter, Branches
"The Simcoe Monument - Erected by the Niagara Parks Commission (1952)"
Doris Ann Lemon, June 1991, Vol.3 No.2, Page 9
This handsome monument, erected in honour of John Grave Simcoe and Lady Elizabeth Simcoe, stands inside the boundary of the National Park at Fort George, Niagara-on-the-Lake, near Navy Hall. Navy Hall will be open to the public from Victoria Day to Labour Day, 1992, with a special exhibition on its history and association with the Simcoes and the first Legislative Assembly held in Upper Canada in 1792.